- 8:15 am: Campus arrival where scholars are welcomed by cheering Literacy Leaders (college student counselors) as they exit the bus.
- 8:15-8:45 am: Scholars enjoy a nutritious and delicious breakfast with their Literacy Leaders and Junior Literacy Leaders as they talk about the fun day ahead.
- 8:45 – 9:15 am: Reading Rally is an informal sharing time where children and staff come together to celebrate themselves and each other. This tradition includes a community guest visit where s/he joins the scholars and staff for a read-aloud, some cheers, motivational songs, and practice of mindfulness through group meditation. Parents and community leaders are encouraged to join us for this time.
- 9:15 – 10:30 am: Children work on improving their reading skills utilizing a uniquely designed Reading Curriculum.
- 10:30 – 10:45 am: Morning Break
- 10:45 – 12:00 noon: Scholars and staff continue with the Reading Curriculum.
- 12:00 – 12:15: D.E.A.R: Drop Everything And Read time. To emphasize the importance and joy of reading, children and staff “Drop Everything and Read” silently for 15 minutes, choosing books from the classroom library.
- 12:15 – 1:00 pm: Scholars enjoy a healthy and hearty lunch together with their Literacy Leaders and Junior Literacy Leaders and recess time.
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – An afternoon full of enrichment and camp-like activities! From science classes, to art, dance, chess, sports, and even cooking classes for kids… afternoons are not to be missed in our program!
Summer ProgramRaz Husany2018-12-17T05:19:54+00:00